A short update for you with the information we have available:
• We are expecting the earliest a season would start is late June. The latest would be the end of the July (following school holidays). Hockey WA has put various models to clubs. We are advocating for maximum hockey as you would expect!
• Training restrictions and compliance under Stage 2 are quite exacting and require some complexity of management, especially in the junior section. If a late July season is decided on, there is little point in resuming training till much later in June in any case.
• Club preference would be to resume training in the 1st or 2nd week of June under Stage 3 lockdown conditions – which are much easier for the club to manage. If we cant move to stage 3 lockdown, the season will not be starting in any case.
• A final decision on commencement of training will be made on announcement of Hockey WA calenda. We hope this will be at some stage next week.
• For the Year 3/4s and Minkey, we are looking for a Term 3 resumption of these activities. Minkey numbers may need to be restricted under Stage 3 conditions which limit gatherings to Minkey. We are considering various models for this currently, so our little people can get their hockey fix.